NCAA Autographs

A review of the success, failures, and process of collecting the autographs of NCAA football and basketball stars from around the country...


NCAAAutographs.com | Message Board | Success Database
HighSchoolSportsAutographs.com
High School Sports Autographs Blog
NEW! Address Store

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

From the Mailbag

This is a new segment I'll update every now and then with various questions I get via email. Hopefully this will decrease the number of repeat questions, but as always, don't hesitate to contact me if you've got any questions.

Q: Who do you send the requests to? I would like to mail a couple. What do you say you do, send a card or a picture?

A: Most requests I send (unless otherwise noted) are directed to the athletic department the player's school. I tried a brief experiment sending about a dozen requests to players' home addresses this summer, but it turns out the success rate with that small experiment was less than the success rate as a whole.

As far as what I actually send, I always include two index cards. An example of these can be seen further down on the page, but just for reference, I include a photo of the player on the left side and then include the player's name and team on the right-hand side, being sure to leave enough room for the athlete to sign.